TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR
- significant shortening of the castings production time – 3-5 weeks from technical records preparing to delivery of ready castings!
- optimisation of production costs –the whole process is implemented in one place
- product is ready for implementation- no necessity for additional machining, cleaning or painting
- guarantee of the castings highest quality – due to implementation of the newest technologies and quality control in every phase of the process
- Cast iron, steel of durability of 100 000 moulding
- Aluminium of durability of 40 000 moulding
- LAB Material of durability of 30 000 moulding
In Odlewnia Kutno we use one of the best simulation systems for castings- MAGMA5, which allows to anticipate the occurrence and localisation of any casting defects.
Smelting of initial cast iron is carried out in 3 induction furnaces OTTO Junker with capacity of 6 tonnes each. For cast iron spheroidising we apply a flexible line method (PE). Cast iron smelting in induction furnaces allows for obtaining any chemical composition of smelted metal and high repeatability of products.
Quality control at this stage includes examination of chemical composition, the initial materials used for smelting and smelted product are examined. In case of smelted product the examination is carried out on samples from furnace and pouring device. Quality control and control of hot metal composition are performed with the use of ATAS software and two spark spectrometers.
Moulds are made with the use of bentonite mass technology. Moulding is performed with the use of automatic moulding machine:
- horizontal SINTO with mould size 700x900x250 and 700x900x125
- vertical DISA-MATIC with batch size 525×650 with possibility of automatic core feeding.
Moulding line DISA-MATIC is one of the newest machines of that type on the market. Its high performance allows for quick implementation of the orders. DISA-MATIC technology guarantees high quality and reliability of castings: improves their functional parameters, better shape and the structure of surface.
The cores produced for agriculture are made with the use of:
- COLDBOX technology on core shooting machines- LAEMPE, FISCHER having their own mixing unit for core mass and HOTTINGER.
- HOTBOX on core shooting machines by SINTO made in Japan.
The cores are characterised by good toughness and may be stored for a long period of time. Core boxes can be produced with a vertical or horizontal split.
Pouring machines ABB and OTTO Junker are used to pour moulds. The pouring machines are equipped with inductor ensuring constant pouring temperature. Pouring od ductile cast iron is performed with the use of protective atmosphere of nitrogen.
Finished castings are packed according to our Customers’ needs and delivered to the right place. We offer the following packaging methods:
- Wrapped in foils on Euro pallets;
- Euro pallets with upper sections;
- wireboxes (gitterbox);
- various metal and wooden containers;
- individual packaging at the Customers’ request.
At each stage of the production process we apply different quality control methods, which guarantee high quality and repeatability of the product’s parameters.
After cleaning every element undergoes a detailed visual control. We have own laboratory where the following examinations are performed:
- chemical composition of initial materials and metal used in production,
- castings microstructure,
- tensile strength of cast iron Rm,
- castings hardness HB,
- impact (impact resistance) in a room temperature and negative temperature (-20 C),
- non-destructive tests with the use of supersonic defectoscopes.
GREY CAST IRON
We offer a wide range of grey cast iron grades
GRADE ACC. TO EN 1561
GRADE ACC. TO DINN
GRADE ACC. TO BS
GRADE ACC. TO NFA
RM MIN MPa
Ductile cast iron with extension from 18 to 2%. The advantage of this ductile cast iron is its high tensile strength from 350MPa.
Odlewnia Kutno offers the following grades of ductile cast iron:
GRADE ACC. TO EN 1563
GRADE ACC. TO DIN
GRADE ACC. TO BS
RM MIN MPa
GRADE ACC. TO A5%
WG VOLVO STANDARD
stipulated yield strength
Tensile strength Rm [MPa]
Elongation A5 [%]
- automotive industry
- railway industry
- engineering industry
- manufacturers of agricultural and orchard machinery and tractors
- manufacturers of water and industrial fittings
- mining and transshipment industry
- aerospace industry
- building industry
- energy industry
- Military Industry
- power hydraulics
- water hydraulics